Balwyn High School Instrumental Music Survey
A timbral survey measures your response to different sound pitches and is used to
assist both the student and music teachers in choosing an instrument for a student.
The results will be available on Music Information Night and will be used as a guide only for teachers when advising on instrument choice.
- There are no right or wrong answers
- Time for completion: approximately 30 minutes
- Additional equipment required: headphones or speakers and a quiet room
- This survey must be completed in one sitting. If you do not finish the survey in
one sitting you will have to start again from the start.
- The survey can be done multiple times however we will only take the first completed
- The survey must be done by the student as pitch is a very personal preference
Please note that if music does not play on the following pages Please either download Google Chrome:
Click Here or Download Firefox: Click Here